Friday, July 09, 2010

Post-Vacation and struggling.

It's been 2 weeks since I got back to Singapore from my month-long Europe holiday, but it feels like I never left. I know, I said the exact same thing when I got back from Guelph after my exchange, but it really does feel this way. The reality of life in your home country is such that it draws you right into its dynamic heart, so much so that you get sucked right into everything the moment you step on home soil and take in a breath of the humid tropical air.

I know I've been procrastinating terribly, especially with this blog, but I've just been so caught up with my internship! It's been 2 weeks since I started, and everyday requires every ounce of my attention and energy to get by. Waking up at 5:15AM every morning does not agree with me, I can tell you that. By the time I get home at night, I'm just too tired to want to do anything, so I usually hit the sack by 10PM. Unless I attempt to do something social, like dinner with a friend, or something - in which case, I crawl into bed at 12AM.

This morning saw me haul my ass out of bed with a bad swollen eye due to me having worn my contacts from 6AM to 10:30PM the day before. 16 hours of contact lens wearing is really not healthy, I found out. This calls for a better eye care regime, methinks! I was also down with a bout of stomach flu on Wednesday, so was on MC. Slept the entire day away. This week feels so short, especially with the Youth Day school holiday on Monday and with my MC on Weds. And now, it's Friday. Gonna work on some lesson plans this weekend, since I'm due to be teaching end of next week. Scaryyyyyyyy.


Okay some sneak peeks of my Europe holiday to whet the appetite (both yours and mine!) before I upload more in the posts to come! Hee :)

 

No comments: