Wednesday, August 26, 2009

save me from drowning in the sea

so i went to the beach today with a bottle of wine and the love of my life. it didn't matter that the sky was crackling with lightning, that the waves were rushing furiously on to the shore, that the wind was whipping my hair about.

what i did was to kick off my shoes, sipping wine straight off the bottle. lay on his chest, listened to his heart beating. listening to his steady heartbeat always fools me into thinking that we could be immortal, that we would never die. and yet, just as tonight becomes the next morning, the days slip through my hand, no matter how i try to hold on to every second. every moment tonight, so precious.


the sweet taste of the wine still lingers on my tongue even as it's long passed through my mouth.




i do hope the two pairs of heels i saw at Zara will still be there this weekend. i do think that i might really want them.

i do feel invincible sometimes when i slip on my heels and strut down the street. when i feel so alive, i wonder, how can i ever not be?

No comments: