Tuesday, March 10, 2009

i don't feel like blogging anymore.

there has been so little desire to blog lately that i am contemplating just stopping this blog for the time being. my days seem to fly by without any notice, and i'm left grappling for more time day after day. even though i seem to do absolutely nothing with my time, looking at the amount of reading i have in wait for me.

that could perhaps be attributed to my travelling. and speaking of travelling, i just came back from Chicago on Sunday night. all these little getaways are what's keeping me sane. a part of me absolutely cannot wait to get back home to Singapore, but another part of me just wants to keep travelling and travelling. and travelling. 


schoolwork seems so unimportant to me right now. which is not good. i have really a tonne of work to do, and if i were in the same academic situation back home in Singapore, i would be tearing my hair out at this point and wailing about how i am stressed and distressed, etcetcetc. being very fortunately not in NUS at this point in time, having a response paper due on Thursday, a take-home test due on Friday, an essay draft due the following Tuesday, another essay due the Wednesday of that week, and a presentation on Thursday to round up my exciting next two weeks of school - i am still unperturbed by the thought of all these. welll, not totally, but the impetus to do any sort of work comes very very rarely here.

i do have to say though, that i am thoroughly sick of trying to keep myself alive on my cooking. i hate cooking, i hate thinking about what to eat, i never realised how utterly useless i'd be in situations where food is not readily buyable ie: here. i've been eating bread, biscuits, and whatever else i managed to scavenge from my snack store since coming back from NYC. well, and instant noodles too. i don't think macaroni and cheese really counts as a proper meal too. sigh. i am thoroughly sick of ANY kind of pasta and i refuse to eat any of it until January 2010. okay, i ought to qualify: i refuse to eat any kind of pasta that i cook. i am a bad cook. so bad that i make myself sick of my cooking. :(

and, the shopping bug has bitten me and hasn't stopped biting me since i got here. 
i need to clear out half my wardrobe when i get back home to accommodate the new stuff i bought here. and, i need to sell my wardrobe. ughhhh i am so swamped with all these mundane things that schoolwork seems to unimportant in relation. weirdly.


OKAY. back to reading the essay i'm supposed to do a response paper on. Spiller's Mama's Baby, Papa's Maybe. it's NOT an easy read, i'd much rather be reading Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace or Jean Genet's The Maids right now - but both of these are just things i have to read by my final exam. and these are just two out of something like 7 books that i have read half-way and have to finish in 4 weeks. i am thoroughly screwed, and yet, the prospect doesn't make me feel like i ought to be bludgeoned by something for my laziness. 

being on exchange is truly wonderful, in that aspect. teehee.

No comments: