Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A lousy last paper shall not thwart my long term plan!

My last paper today was bad, and that's putting it rather mildly. Who the hell has the time or brain capacity to remember specifics in an Arts course?! Needless to say, I did NOT memorize specific details, which has led to this uncomfortable position of knowing it would have been an easy exam if I had.

Whatevs I'm not gonna moan over it now, I will deal with the consequences of everything (frequent absences from Patke's class being one of the main issues I need to take responsibility for, that, and hardly doing my Pynchon readings and being a lousy sorry excuse of a student overall) come June. That being all said and done, I spent a happy hour this morning on the bus texting the friends I want to see now that I don't have to pretend to be a student anymore. My social life is in tatters (for this pathetic semester, why did I do that?!) and I'm hoping my friends remember who I am. Ha.

Am such a loser! Sitting in the lib now waiting for Bonitochico's 5pm launch and reading Fahrenheit 451 for tuition tomorrow (note to self: have to be a better tuition teacher now that I no longer have exams to steal my attention away!) I'm actually looking forward to the MOE stint when I come back Europe! :):) And, for the whole of this week and next week, I'll be devoting my time to reading tonnes of Children's Lit material in the hopes of narrowing my HT topic a bit - am gonna start working on the thesis before I leave for Europe! Hopefully, if I play my cards right, I'll have a lighter sem next sem, and can concentrate on getting the bunch of As I need for the 2 level 3K lit classes I'll be doing alongside my 15MC HT. I know the HT is my cup of tea, so I cannot take it too lightly. If, if, I do everything as planned, the following permutations for next semester's grades will take me up to the second upper I need:

1) An A for my thesis and two B+s for the level 3K mods
2) A B+ for my thesis and two As for the level 3Ks
3) A-s for all three.

That is assuming I get an A and A- for the lit mods this sem, and an A, A- and B+ for the new media mods this sem. OKAY enough speculation!! 3 minutes to 5pm, and then I'm off to meet Clem at Holland V for dinner! :) Will update this space for peeks of last Friday's Iron Man 2 outing when I get home tonight! :)

No comments: