Monday, January 31, 2011

Looking back at Christmas as I look forward to Chinese New Year!

With Chinese New Year looming in the horizon, it's got me thinking about the last holiday we celebrated... Christmas! :)

Christmas is honestly my favouritest festive occasion in the entire year. My birthday comes a close second, and Chinese New Year a very distant third! Some of the reasons why I love Christmas so much are...

The time I get to spend with the most important people in my life - my family.
Look at my handsome dad and pretty-as-a-flower mom. I'm so proud that I'm their daughter! (Even though I didn't achieve this per se hahaha! But still!)
Who do I look more like? As I was growing up, I heard a lot comments about looking like my mom. But as I grew older, I apparently began to look more like my dad. I can't tell myself... But either way, I reckon it doesn't matter much does it? Since they're both such good-lookers ;)

And of course, no Christmas would be complete without the little sister! But I have no nice peekture with her from last Christmas, can you believe it?! -.-


Then there's all the time spent with old friends engaging in our tradition of drinking at Shaun's every year ;)
One of the reasons why I look forward to Christmas every year!



And then, of course, I enjoy dressing up for the night. One reason to glam up!
Of course if it were up to me, I'd dress up every single night, whatever the occasion. But time disallows me to, and I really don't want people to think I'm off my rocker, so.. Heh.


And of course... PRESENTS!!!
Yes even though I'm 23 and I shouldn't be all excited over receiving gifts and all. But the kid in me still loves that part of Christmas ;)

I was looking kinda messed up Christmas day itself from the late night (read: early morning, more like) drinking, so it was all I could do to shove my glasses onto my nose, run a comb through my hair and throw on a happy red dress to make me feel more alive!

Hee here's to Chinese New Year then :)
It's gonna be my last one as an Unmarried, so I'm gonna be sure to enjoy receiving those hongbaos for one last time this year before I start to give! And also all the time with my precious family... This is what makes festive occasions all the more festive, I say!

No comments: