Sunday, February 13, 2011

My last year of the surety of CNY visiting with my family on a fixed, comforting schedule.
Next year's gonna be crazy-hectic, and I already foresee some altercations in the pipelines brewing. (Like where we go and in what order..) I always complain about visiting random relatives I cannot remember; but truth be told, I think what I enjoy most about visiting is the fact that we do it as a huge family. We descend on houses like a happy herd, and this year, we managed to take some pictures of nostalgic spots where we grew up in together. 

Snapping photos isn't a habit of ours it seems, but we really ought to make it a habit!
I'm gonna try next year, I promise. Haha.

I'm not really in the mood to be verbose at the moment, so I'll let my (few) pictures do the talking.

This first picture here is supposed to be a replica of one we took more than 10 years ago in this exact same spot! The exact bench has been replaced, but we're in the right order heh.

Tadah!! This was Kor, Abriel, me, Carol about 15 years ago. Hee!
Back then when I was eight, I was so prim and proper, and even demure. 


There was another pic we took way back, some 20 years ago!
Didn't scan that pic in (will do that soon!) but we re-took it again this new year, outside grandma's old place.




The weekend of CNY, when we all went to Laguna  for Kor's farewell cum birthday cum CNY lunch.


And Clem likes to make me lose my appetite when we eat by putting the heads of whatever animal we happen to be eating on my plate. :/ GRRRR


All the visiting's over for the year, so it's time to try to settle back into some sort of daily routine. 
Two weeks till I start work, so I have that amount of time to get my existing life into some sort of order! 
Spent Friday sorting through my accessories, and I want to tackle my bookshelves tomorrow since they're really chock full of books at the moment. I really don't know how I'm gonna pack all my beloved books with me after I get married, but I'll try to figure something out! Between my books and my wardrobe, my room's worth a lot more than what it seems. There's a ton of sentimental value for sure, but I've spent much of my life accumulating these things, and I'm much attached to my room - it's where I feel truly safe. (That's why there's a huge reluctance to tear myself out of bed every morning. HAHA)

Grandpa's admittance into hospital cos of his burnt hand came from way out left field, so need to readjust my plans for the week to make time to pop down to SGH to visit him whenever I can. Seeing him so confused and confined to his bed is really heart-wrenching, especially since we all know how fiercely independent he is in spite of his age. :( Ah, Kong Kong, do get well soon.


No comments: