Monday, July 18, 2011

Not electrified & enkindled, but tenderly drowsy

"A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy."

I came across this, and you know what? I believe the converse is true as well.
I need to speak to Clem every single night to get to sleep, or I feel like something's missing. So I can safely say for sure that he's the one in whose company I feel "tenderly drowsy", when I can be at my most vulnerable and my guard is totally down - the moment just before drifting off to sleep.

I know, I'm terrible.
Initially, I couldn't believe just how dependent I'd become, but I've come to accept it now and have given up fighting that. Believe me, I've tried attempting to assert my independence in this manner by deciding to not speak to him before going to bed, but trust me when I say that insomnia is not fun, at all.

I had so much trouble falling asleep last night, I think I have to stop taking afternoon naps on Sundays. 
As much as I love spending my Sundays in and catching up on some shut-eye, my habit of napping is just screwing around with my sleep cycle a wee bit too much.
One of the things I hate about working life >:( 



Flashes of another weekend that went by all-too-bloody-quickly...

Friday was spent with the church people; initial plans were to get cosy at Timbre @ The Substation, but cos our reservation screwed itself up and the place was just too darn packed, we had to make our way down to our usual watering hole - Grapevine! Anyhoo, Clem and I didn't stay long at all cos our Saturday was gonna be super packed. So we just had our dinner and left shortly after.

Was feeling a little grouchy on Friday so in my bid to cheer myself up, I dressed up in super bright and cheery colours!


What I Wore (WIW) on Friday:
Orange Chiffon Top from Hollyhoque
Striped Skirt from Zara



Saturday was so haps, I'm still recovering from it!
Three major things that happened on Saturday.
First was parents-meet-the-parents lunch. I was quite nervous for that cos I wasn't sure how both sets of parents would interact with each other... Thankfully, everything went more than fine! Pretty funny though, when both dads were trying to out paiseh the other. Hoho.

Next on our exciting day was house viewing!
Yes, we may be shifting house in the near future, and I don't mean myself shifting to Clem's bedroom.
Just seeing how things go and keeping our fingers crossed!

Lastly, was choosing the wedding gown. The gown, to be precise.
And I'm so super excited about what I've chosen!! I wish I had some pictures to show you all here, especially since I kept cooing about my choice to anyone who would listen to me. Hehe.
I was much blessed to have Trina (and a very patient Andy), Carol, my dear parents, and of course, the fiancé with me as I made my tough choice.
Let me tell you something: having so many pretty gowns in front of you, each especially beautiful in delectable lace, delicate chiffon, or luxurious duchess satin, is enough to stir the heart of the sternest female. :P
Stay tuned for the lucky gown in a few weeks, hopefully I manage to sneak a pic when I go for my next fitting!


Someone crashed a picture! Hee!

My beautiful mom - I hope I look just like her when I'm her age. 


Yar, I know my face is damn big. :D

Yummy cinnamon waffles



I make it a point to stroke Snooze - the cat who lives at Clem's void deck - every few days.
She's just adorable! Clem says she's a ponderous cat. I might agree with that.

WIW on Saturday:
Salmon Basic Tank from Topshop
Purple Scallop-Hemmed Chiffon Midi Skirt from Little Red Heels
Coral-Violet-Scarlet Suede Sandals from Zara
Black Bag from Tianfenlan


So Sunday was pretty uneventful. Slept most of the afternoon away, before heading to the airport to see Shaun off. Made a quick trip down to Ikea after that for dinner and to browse for ideas for doing up Clem's room. Excited about that, but there's SO MUCH TO DO!!



WIW on Sunday:

Coral Maxi from Catwalkclose
Gold Grecian Sandals from Zara
Black Bag from Tianfenlan



Every weekend is so eventful, the rest of the weekdays feel so bleah and muffled in comparison.
I can't help but feel there's something wrong there, that I need to live the rest of my week more meaningfully.
My determination to write more has not taken off - perhaps I shall make this week the week to be firm in that particular resolution!


Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin' - it was all I hoped it would be!

So bring on Tuesday!




No comments: