Monday, October 31, 2011

To treat these two imposters just the same

What I've been inspired by these days, from the Spring 2012 runways.
First up, a bevy of beautiful evening gowns from my favourite evening wear designers: Marchesa and Elie Saab.
Hands-down, these two always do it for me where gowns are concerned.
They always have gowns that do what evening gowns should do: dazzle and take one's breath away at the gorgeousness of it all.

Absolutely dripping with high-octane glamour.

Marchesa Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Marchesa Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Marchesa Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Marchesa Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Marchesa Spring 2012


Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear Elie Saab Spring 2012 Ready-to-Wear
And of course, my absolute favourite - Elie Saab.
I lurrrve the colour palette and the elegance of his evening wear. This is in spite of the Style.com fashion writer's lacklustre review of this collection. Lace, sequins, and flowy chiffon, these are everything I'd want on any gown I'd don for a glitzy affair. (And I've always wanted to work a gown with a thigh-high split like Megan Fox or Blake Lively - both of whom do so with such aplomb.)


Okay this is a very random post.

One of my favouritest poems, ever.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you.
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

...

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!"

If
Rudyard Kipling

2 comments:

Carine said...

Elie Saab is my all-time favourite designer too! And him being Lebanese is just a coincidence ;) I was so super duper excited when I discovered his collection in-store right here in Singapore!

Kelly said...

Hi Carine! Oooooh hello fellow Elie Saab fan! Love his clothes; it's hard to find someone in Singapore who shares my excitement! :) Hehe yeah a very happy coincidence, I'll bet :P

Now to earn a lot more so I'll be able to actually wear his clothes instead of just coveting them... Heh.