Thursday, September 06, 2007

if you can make sense of this montage of songs, you're either really good, or you really understand me right now.


what's up?
i know we haven't spoken for a while
but i was thinking about you
and it kinda made me smile
so many things to say
& i'll put them in a letter.
thought i might be easier,
the words might come out better.
how's your mother? how's your little brother?
does he still look just like you?
so many things i wanna know the answers to
wish i could press rewind
& rewrite every line,
to the story of me & you.

oh, i know i could say we're through
and tell myself i'm over you
but even if i made a vow
i promise not to miss you now,
and try to hide the truth inside
i'd fail cos i - i just can't live a lie.

cos i'm afraid, & i can't breathe
& i'm in love with you
but you are not with me
cos i have put so much into a life
i made too much about you now to lie.

how did i get here with you, i'll never know
i never meant to let it get so personal.
after all i tried to do,
stay away from loving you
i'm broken-hearted, i can't let you know.
& i won't let it show,
you won't see me cry.

one thing i'm wondering
when you run out of friends,
will you be coming back home?
let's think this through again
let's take a different spin
why can't i leave you alone?
somewhere tonight, you may be found
with some other girl you've been dragging around
you lie to yourself,
and you lie to me.
it seems like the truth is your worst enemy.

this time was different,
felt like i was just a victim
& it cut me like a knife,
when you walked out of my life.
now i'm in this condition
& i've got all the symptoms
of the girl with a broken heart
but no matter what, you'll never see me cry.

because of you i never stray too far from the sidewalk
because of you i learnt to play on the safe side so i don't get hurt
because of you,
i find it hard to trust not only me,
but everyone around me.
because of you,
i am afraid.

when you're gone,
the face i came to know is missing too.
no, i can't learn to live without
and i can't give up on us now.

i guess it's gonna have to hurt,
i guess i'm gonna have to cry.
and let go of some things i've loved
to get to the other side.
i guess it's gonna break me down,
like falling when you try to fly.
it's sad,
but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life -
starts with goodbye.

Jesus, take the wheel
take it from my hands,
cos i can't do this on my own.
i'm letting go,
so give me one more chance
to save me from this road i'm on
Jesus, take the wheel.

when you walk away i count the steps that you take

one thing before i go,
something i've gotta know:
boy, did you ever love me?


*
Carrie Underwood: I Just Can't Live A Lie, Starts With Goodbye, Jesus Take the Wheel
Katharine McPhee: Better Off Alone
Rihanna: Cry
Kelly Clarkson: Because of You
Avril Lavigne: When You're Gone
Rachael Yamagata: Letter Read

No comments: