Saturday, July 26, 2008

i <3 home!

so i'm back from Australia, and i'm expected and supposed to blog about my experience. i suppose i will, one day, but i don't quite feel like blogging abt it now. so i'm a bit sick of doing anything at all and i crave some alone time at home, something i haven't had since coming back to Singapore last Monday. i'm not upset about it, i'm just quite tired. it baffles me sometimes how i'm expected to have so much energy to do so much things, being young & uhh nubile. but i just don't! i'm so tired so often. ugh. i've just come home from Hilda's place, & i'm exhausted, frankly. being with people i love makes me happy, but i'm just sapped somehow after it all.

one thing Australia has shown me, though, is that i love home too much. there i was, having all those grandiose dreams of moving abroad and living a glamorous life outside boring Singapore, but now i'm not so sure about that. sure, other countries are exciting. there's summer-autumn-winter-spring - oh yay, so exciting! snow! but being away for those mere two weeks away from my family and the friends dear to me was painful, so difficult, and it almost killed me. especially since i was sick and miserable, which didn't help my homesickness. how am i gonna survive my exchange in Canada, sometimes i wonder. i know for a fact i'd miss home a lot. i know i'd wanna be with the people i love. but i do also know that i'd enjoy myself.

and i know this is totally off-tangent, but you know, whatever. get over it.

No comments: