Friday, November 14, 2008

6 things in search of a point.

several things happened today that are worth mentioning. some perhaps more than others, but still worthy of mention nonetheless in my rather boring life.

so. here are six statements in search of a point. any point.

1) i am REALLY going to Canada! the Uni of Guelph has finallyfinallyFINALLY confirmed my place there. finally, after all the months of hypothetical planning, i can actually look forward to something concrete. that being said, i kinda can't wait to get the heck out of Singapore, but at the same time, i'm reluctant to leave all that i love behind, if only for a few months.

2) i fell down today upon missing a step on my way from FASS to the biz canteen. it was raining, the ground was slippery, i fell. two boys walked right by me as though i was a snail crawling on the ground, even though i yelped fricking loudly cos i twisted my ankle while falling and landed on my knees. and the book in my hand flew out to land at least a meter away from me. i have nothing nice to say about men in general after today, but i will say that the only thing keeping me from wishing that all men would turn into frogspawn at their sheer uselessness and ineptitude is that i know a couple of really good men. boyfriend included.

3) i am done with my stupid Asian American lit essay, which i produced very very painfully. all i'm hoping for is a B+ for it. i can't believe how low i've stopped. i might as well be hoping to "just pass" on my exam and just graduate next year.

4) i am not looking forward to starting on the 20th century essay due on Monday. i am thoroughly thoroughly sick of writing when i don't feel like writing. the only consolation is that nothing can be worse than what i've already done so far.

5) my Hopkins essay is ready for collection tomorrow. at the mere thought of it, my heartbeat shoots into overdrive and i feel like i'm going to faint. as you can perhaps tell from my reaction, i do not expect joyous news regarding that particular piece of work.

6) as a result of the previous three points of the above, my CAP this sem is going to be extremely bad, is going to crash before my eyes, and there goes any hopes of attaining any semblence of a 4.0 second upper anymore. damn it.

No comments: