Tuesday, November 24, 2009

medieval lit is not my cup of tea.

I've been trying to study for medieval lit, I really have! It's just so boring and my mind's turned to other things, like how to make more money and well - how to make money, actually. I'm hatching a tuition scheme to take over my estate. Muahahahaha! Yeah right, I can't even hatch a blogshop scheme to make enough money. Sigh. I dunno. I have no interest in medieval lit at all. Well, but Gawain was quite interesting and easy to read. I just need to find some criticism about it so that I can write a decent exam that won't reflect my lack of attention the last 13 weeks of school. All this trying to make up for work not done is very tiring and stressful. The onus is now on myself to create the illusion of being diligent and conscientious and all-together, quite clever. Or rather, not totally vapid.

I was reading Chaucer last night before I went to bed and I actually quite enjoy reading it. I should have started enjoying medieval way before this point, cos that B- on my first essay and a dismal presentation are kinda already there, nothing I can do to get rid of them.

Speaking of getting rid of. I want to get rid of the skinny black/grey-and-white minor cat. It's been bugging me the last few nights, constantly obsessed with trying to climb through my window and sit on my notes. Bloody hell okay! I got a shock early Sunday morning when I saw this four-legged creature at my window, jumping through the top grille and landing on my notes under the sill. I shooed it away and it jumped right through again, and sat outside to stare at me. Annoying cat. I generally like cats, but this is TOO MUCH. So the next night I went to bed with the window mostly closed so that the grille wouldn't be exposed - and to my consternation, I was woken up by scrabbling noises outside my window AGAIN. It was the stupid annoying cat climbing up the netting at my window trying to push the glass aside. Like omg, how persistent and obsessive can you get??? Ugh! I was really damn irritated, so I turned on the air-con last night. Now I think if I see that cat at my house, I'll spray it with the spray gun my mother uses to iron.


But I must say, sleeping with the window safely shut was quite soothing to my frayed nerves last night. Lucky the cat didn't try to jump into my room last week when I was still at the peak of my essaying madness. I think I would have thrown something breakable at it cos my temper was so short then.



There are too many nice clothes in the world, and I have far too little money. I am an economic problem.

No comments: