Friday, February 05, 2010

epic fail day

It's a Thursday night, I am studying for my mid-terms, and I am kinda sick of stating the obvious. Now it suddenly becomes clear again to me why I chose to major in literature and not new media: the mugging is something I abhorred and abhor.

I do not think successful people in advertising can tell me the 4 key components of the marketing and promotions process model - nor do I think I will be able to tell you that come May after I no longer have any use for such information. But I have to try to squeeze all of this into my brain before Tuesday, and I'm a bit skeptical about how it's gonna happen.


Why is it that we're always stuck doing what we ought to and not entirely what we want? Is that a condition of life per se, hence I am making entirely too big a fuss over nothing, really - or is that something that shouldn't be? I can't decide, just as I cannot decide how I should best slay this huge dragon which is the business of studying for my mid-terms next week.

Mid-terms in week 5 are, by the way, an entirely ridiculous affair on several counts. "Mid-term" suggests the middle of the term. The term, being 13 weeks long in total, would have as its mid-point somewhere between weeks 6 and 7. Because week 5 does not in any way fall within that week 6-7 window, I therefore conclude that labelling such stupid tests as "mid-terms" is a falsification and therefore, the notion should be rejected due to its illogicity. Damn if only NUS could read this train of thought. More stellar than any of my efforts at mugging have been thus far, I must say.

Speaking of stellar - today was a spectacularly epic fail day. I woke up late, rushed to get to school on time, realised I forgot to bring my wallet, fell asleep in front of the tv of Clem's living room while I was supposed to be getting ready for my first run this week. I am an utter failure today, and today was shiteous. May tomorrow be everything today wasn't. Thankyou.


I am going to plop on my bed to read the remaining 10 pages of chapter 2 of advertising. I am hoping that a change of location would help this dismal endeavour somehow. Something tells me I'm neglecting PR, btw. ROAR.

No comments: