Wednesday, February 03, 2010

I think I've hit my quota of the sem for retarded year 1s.

I have some major issues in my life. And I am only beginning to face up to them, one by one, painfully.

I think it's time to face up to the fact that... I am addicted to shopping. I am fricking addicted!!! I shop and shop and shop for nothing in particular, and it's not even as if I can wear everything I buy right now. I keep telling myself that I'm buying this dress for work, stocking up, you know, that sort of thing. But obviously, when I actually start working, I'll shop for a whole new wardrobe all over again anyway. So, what the hell am I doing?! Sigh. Bonitochico is seriously one money-sucking blackhole. I cannot cannot keep checking for new collections - cos everytime they launch, I get stuff. I just spent $85.50 on 3 items, and I am eyeing another 4 items. Royally screwed right. How, I need to control myself. And throwing myself into work isn't helping either cos I'm so distracted. Maybe I should disable my internet.


I also think it's time for me to realize that school has finally started, horrible fact of life that may be. I seem to be deluded in my attempts to evade anything school related, and I find myself suddenly thrust into the horrifying fact that next week is week 5, and I have two bloody mid-terms next week. LIKE HELLO, SCHOOL JUST BEGUN. :( :( :( :( :( :( And I discover to my horror x20 that I have a 2000 word essay due in 3 weeks' time, just after CNY. Why am I such a horrible student this semester? I have zero motivation, zero drive, zero anything. I just want to while my life away at home in bed. Speaking of bed. I haven't had enough of my beloved bed since wretched school begun. I hop out of bed at 720am (lately I've been bad at that but that's just temporary I promise), and hop back into bed only past 12am most nights. Like tonight. I'm staying up doing random things like downloading sound card drivers hoping hoping hoping that sound will be restored on my lappie. I need to get the sound up by the week after CNY for the 2nd Life tutorial I'm supposed to attend then. I absolutely REFUSE to go back to sch to sit in the computer lab like a pathetic fool just so I can attend my 2nd Life tutorial. I will even attend it without sound FROM MY HOME if I have to, just have to muddle along and pretend I have sound or some shit.


And today I met this supremely annoying ignorant year 1 English Language major. Such a prick omg. He said to me rather casually: "I heard you EN majors have it so much easier than us EL majors."


WTF!!!!!! Like seriously are you a nitwit?!


I don't go around telling that to TS majors, nor do I do that to EL majors. We're supposed to be "one big happy family" in the English Language and Literature Department, you dimwit!!!! Obviously, this poor chap is not going to last very long for very well in NUS, being such a dullard and downright dumb. But I was seething at his trite comment! Felt SO MUCH LIKE SOCKING HIM. First violent tendency in 2010 woohoo. Sweetheart, your preconceived notion of more difficult = better is sadly sadly outdated, and belongs in the attic. Furthermore, you're a puny year 1, so it does come across as fairly presumptious when you claim such things fecklessly. What do you know of how "easy" literature is? Especially when you follow your comment with something so appallingly DIM: "I don't like literature cos I don't like to think of stories as literature, as being written by someone." What bloody stage of pre-pubescence are you stuck in? Why do you still assume that stories just happened, that no one had to make them up? Sigh.


DUMBASS.



My driver is still downloading. Sigh. I need to sleep soon so I can wake up early. Gotta crack that advertising text open for the first time this entire sem.

No comments: