Sunday, February 24, 2008

a rant

come, let me tell you why i am in such an effing bad mood right now.

people all worry too much abt what other people think abt them. i can't do this cos "other people will get pissed". i can't take my time cos "other people will get annoyed". i can't buy my own clothes with my own money cos "people will have a bad impression of us".

will a little bit of explanation hurt at all? open your damn mouths and explain, and if the other people who are so great that you bend to their whims and preferences are really that great, they will possess enough brains to understand. if not, they're not worth tailoring your behaviour to, in the first place.

eff la i hate it when people tell me i can't say, think abt my move when i play mahjong cos people don't like it. if they don't like it, then they aren't really my friends to begin with and so i won't play with them anymore so who cares if they like it anyway, right? it's a bad habit to think abt your next move when you play. is it your money that you're gonna lose? so you can think fast, so you can conceive of your moves and plays damn quickly. yippy for you. but don't tell me that i'm practising a bad habit just cos i'm a bit slower. don't discriminate, it's not very becoming.

i hate it when people tell me which mass i have to attend. it's ME that's attending the mass, so why should you get so worked up? i hate it when i'm answerable to people for what i buy still - at the age of 21. i'm earning my keep, i'm not spending your money. so please, get off my back.

i hate leaders who act like they're too busy to help out with "unimportant" things like setting up a place for something. hello, what happened to leading by example?? if you ask for volunteers for something that you deem as saikang, you jolly well volunteer once in a while too so that it's not sheer authoritarianism at work. after all, you're not too fantastic to do what the rest of us do right.

& i have many other biting things to say about abovementioned, but i'm holding my tongue cos it's particularly acerbic today. i hate high-&-mighty pricks, i hate people who subjugate themselves to certain norms and force me to comply with these same norms too - i have absolutely no issue if you want to live your life by other people's rules, but don't tell me i should live life in such-and-such a way too, just cos you chose to live yours that way.

No comments: