Tuesday, August 23, 2011

87 days from today

Counting down the number of days till I become Mrs. Clement Chua:
there are exactly 2 months and 27 days from today.

How do I feel about it?

Too many things. A little afraid, but mostly excited.
Very tearful at having to move out from the place I've called home for the last 18 years, even more so at the thought that I will no longer wake up to the familiar morning wake-up call of my dad that I've been so used to ever since I was in Primary school.

This has been my home for so long, in more than the physical sense.
I've played countless games in front of the TV on the Playstation with the baby sister in my teenage years over the holidays (we could spend weeks on end glued to the console just trying to finish up a game). Had so many pyjama parties with the cousins as we were all growing up. And when I was older, had endless sleepovers with Trina either in my room or hers, movie-marathoning or exploring the world of Azeroth in World of Warcraft. Pizza parties, very simple home-cooked dinners, the kampung spirit that still permeates my home since much of my family lives in the same estate.

I will miss all that home has meant to me, for sure.
Heck, typing the last few lines is already making me tear..!

But the future promises much, too, and I must not let nostalgia overwhelm me.
I just hope with all my heart that my - our - dreams: of pursuing our Masters education abroad, seeing the world together, designing and building the space we will call home in the future, and eventually having a family of our own - will not remain dreams.




In case you all were wondering where Snooze has gone... Nowhere!
Such a cutie ain't she!
I love scratching her. But being a cat, she's quite temperemental.



How does a colour palette inspired by sorbet-melon grab you?
Clem hated it, but I thought it was pretty cute :P

WIW:
 Chiffon top in duck egg green from the UK
Pants in rose from Hollyhoque


Brunch at City Hall one of the Sundays.
One of the best ways to spend a lazy Sunday.
(Other than going for a facial or a massage, that is.)



Vintagey outfit and curls for brunch.
(Both crochet outer piece and crimson midi skirt are from Hollyhoque)


Someone's looking pensive..


Our first taste of Bakerzin was that of a chocolate bun, and a bacon danish pastry.
Very yummeh stuff there ;)


Our beloved church bell tower by the evening light.


The wedding gift from Oli - a pretty bundle of books with nuggets of wisdom.




Our pictures together always turn out blurry / off-centre.
Nonetheless, two is still better than one.

Two months and twenty-seven days, love.



1 comment:

Clement Chua said...

I like the ring to the sound of 'Mrs Clement Chua'. Heh.