Monday, August 08, 2011

I can't stop time, but a snapshot does - sort of...

The days and weeks are passing by so quickly, I'm starting to take each week for granted.
When I should be relishing every second of life, I find myself wishing the precious seconds of each day away, willing them to slip by more quickly just so the weekend will come again.

I daresay I'll look back at my foolishness with regret when I'm old and I no longer have more time left on earth than time I have spent, living. I hope I won't ever have to bitterly regret my fecklessness, so I reckon it's time to treat each second that ticks by with a little more respect and care.

They say that you don't know what you don't have until you no longer have it - and I think it's too true albeit being entirely overdone. Nonetheless, I have to admit that there's much wisdom in old adages.

 The past two-and-a-half days of my weekend have been so full, I've been so very blessed!
But before I turn my thoughts to the weekend that has just passed, I want to cast my mind further back to the past two weeks, if only in a feeble attempt to slow down the passage of time and to force myself to pause before charging right onwards to the next weekend, when my life is always the fullest.

Here's a quick peek of the last two weeks that have just gone by, in random pictures:


We try and eat healthy, but we fail more often than not :/






Our one-week marathon of the Harry Potter movie series, which culminated in us being blown away by the finale at the Lido IMAX theatre in 3D :)
What a superb ending to the fantasy tale that marked my teenage life, I must say!
I am a teensy bit sad that there's not gonna be any Harry Potter to look forward to from hereon, but I was just telling Clem that this means we have other new series just waiting to be discovered and loved.



Lovely colours of a random fruit salad we made somewhere in the week :)



My favourite dishes whenever we dine at Sushi Tei (which is pretty often, from the looks of it):
Grilled salmon + cod roe sushi; salmon sashimi salad with sesame dressing.


As always, my weekly post of my triple F (Favourite Furry Feline) :P
My favourite question for Clem whenever we're walking towards his place is: Awake, asleep or MIA?
It's tough cos I think she's got a secret life.
You know cats - they've all got some sort of secret life or the other.





Dressing up wise...
I've been loving vintage looks lately.
Retro polka dots (which is a huge Fall 2011 trend), high-waisted bottoms, bright splashes of colour in blocks or prints, high collars, pussy bows...
As you can see from my pic above, these threads make me high!

WIW in this outfit:
Orange polka-dotted oat coloured tee from Zara
Highwaisted dark denim jeans from The Tinsel Rack
Light camel ballet flats from Topshop
Brown leather satchel from Bimba & Lola


More on my super productive weekend in my next post, I PROMISE :D:D

In the meanwhile... Happy National Day holiday everyone!
I'm gonna be spending mine doing a lot of packing, hopefully..
Hope you're looking forward to yours as much as I'm looking forward to mine! :)

No comments: