Saturday, October 20, 2007

Jules' birthday dinner!

came back a while ago from Jules' birthday dinner cum drinking session! had the loveliest piece of steak for a long while at this place in United Square called Bungalows or something, then headed over to Grapevine for a couple of drinks. non-alcoholic for me, thanks, since i was gonna have to drive myself home.

had a good chit-chat with the girls around tonight! Chels, Olivia, and Jules, of course! many things we talked about, some of which got me thinking a little deeper for a while.
but i've abandoned those thoughts for now cos i'm frantically trying to get some reading done tonight before flopping into bed. i'm lagging so terribly, and i've had no motivation to do any work at all this entire week - hence the bad lag. :( my own fault, really. bah.

i'm multi-tasking, though! while doing some reading, i also put on a pore pack on my nose. for two reasons! to get rid of those rather annoying blackheads that have invaded my beautiful face, AND get a thrill of satisfaction rush through me when i see the deep-rooted irritating little blackheads uprooted from my nose pores. haha. but really, i feel so happy when i see the blackheads on my porepack. i feel cleaner and well, cleaner.

it seems like this whole topic of lying, hypocrisy, and goodness has come up again during one of the conversations tonight! i remember being prompted to think more abt it after a stimulating lit tutorial a couple of weeks ago, when the titular character of Sula was decried by one of the students in class as 'evil' because she was brutally honest. so a debate ensued abt whether it's 'bad' to be completely, cuttingly honest when you know it's gonna hurt the other person when you are honest, and 'good' to be somewhat not-so-honest when you want to protect the person from the truth cos it'll hurt.

i dunno, i'm still thinking abt it. have been thinking abt it, among many things lately.

i'm still satisfiedly full from the steak dinner! :) i can go to bed satisfyingly full and unhungry tonight for the first time in many nights. my stomach juices seem a lot more active at night. must be cos of my owlish habits.

No comments: