Tuesday, April 22, 2008

i have a plan.

i have finally decided on something to write about for my psycho essay. i just hope it will stretch for ten pages, and i just hope i will not end up contradicting myself throughout the insanely long argument and exposition.

strangely though, my inspiration for the essay came when i was doing the laundry this evening. after ploughing through almost the entire book of Kristeva, Psychoanalysis & Culture which i borrowed from the lib, and forcing myself to sit through Kristeva's Power of Horror essay on abjection.

i will have to read Shelley's Frankenstein again to make sure i know what i'm talking about, and i'm not really looking forward to it cos it's such a bloody depressing book. i know it's such a silly reason for choosing this over Turn of the Screw, but well, i decided against doing an essay on the latter cos it scares the crap out of me, with its ghosts and eerieness and all. it scared the willies out of me the first time i read it, and i will not put myself through that torture again for anything.


and i know this is off tangent, but i can't wait for the exams to be over so i can play all my final fantasy games on my ps2 again. AND, order the pc version of ffxi. and wow. and make my sims grow up into adults and grad from university. and finish up crisis core. and watch movies like there's no tomorrow. and sleep. and exercise. and read all my books. and watch other countries' versions of antm. and shop. sigh.

No comments: