Friday, April 11, 2008

starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose.

i am, dare i say it, happy with the way my life is going right now. yes that's right, angsty, emo me - not upset or miserable abt my life at the moment. :)

EVEN THOUGH exams are looming, even though i'm dead tired from the past few late nights and stress of dealing with assignment deadlines, even though i have a 10 page essay still due, i'm in some sort of happy, exuberent mood beneath the physical exhaustion. i think it's the effects of feeling loved and safe and warm. ahhh mushy. ugh. i shall stop being sappy. but hey, thank you for making my life the way it is today, for taking my hand and building me up, for sticking with me through my little bitchy grouchy spats, for continuing to love me even though i'm quite unloveable so often. i never thought i'd hear myself say this, but i'm happily in love and i'm not raging against the world anymore.

dinner at Mount Faber last night was really really fab. the view was breathtaking, the breeze was exhilirating, the food was so delectable - the price, not so. the conversation tickled my fancy very much, as usual, as we talked about everything from the planets to visiting safaris in Africa. i love how i never run out of things to talk to you about, how you never tire of my constant chatter about the randomest things that pop into my head, how you think i'm so very clever when i'm actually not and just prattling on about things that come naturally to me out of interest. yes, the ego-maniac in me is talking here haha. i love how you don't stop me from eating cos i'm supposed to "have to watch my weight and figure" (bah, guys who do that piss me off), how you wait up for me at night until i finish my work for the day and am ready to sleep, how you hold my hand and make me feel so safe. you take me the way i am, and i do it too - i take you just the way you are.


& it starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose
cos you make me smile, even just for a while
when you kiss my nose - the feeling shows.

No comments: