Sunday, April 20, 2008

screwed over am i

screwed over am i, when i have absolutely no idea what to write on for my ten-page psycholit essay. at first, i thought i'd do a piece on Frankenstein, using Kristeva's theory on abjection. but the latter set of readings is just beyond my puny understanding. so now, i am thinking of doing my essay on either Henry James's The Turn of the Screw or Hitchcock's film Vertigo, which requires my adept knowledge of Lacan's theory on the unconscious. which i am, sadly, not very familiar with, either.

it's during times like these when i wonder what i've been absorbing for the last 13 Wednesdays in psycholit class.

it is too early to panic, as my essay is due the following Monday - but it is also too late to attempt to relax so that a solution will pop into my head. hence, screwed over am i, when i need an A- for this essay to secure a B+ for the module so that my cap will not crash this semester.

i am almost resigned to the possibility of being stuck with a second-lower hons. almost, but not quite, and i can't decide if the fight to haul my cap up to a 4.0 is really worth the pain.

think Kelly, think. something has got to make sense somewhere.

No comments: