Sunday, July 08, 2007

my prayer for the 7th of July 2007 (07.07.07!):


Father God, that you will show me what you want me to do.
that you will lend me some of your infinite patience, oh, just a little.
Father, i want to know that you are all i need, that you are more than enough for me.
i want to know this with my heart.
let me not feel bitter whenever feelings of being unwanted, unloved or rejected prick me,
because you want me, you love me, and you want to embrace me.
and there is no need for bitterness.

Father God, i ask that you send down your Spirit upon me,
that you send down your sweet Spirit of gentleness onto me.
let your Spirit fill my heart with your love, God.
love for everyone around me, whether they deserve it or not.
Spirit, please teach me how to be wise,
how to be patient,
how to be loving,
how to be forgiving.
i want to do what's right in your eyes, Lord,
and not what my willful heart desires for itself.

you see the depths of my heart, God,
you see the things that i've hidden so well or buried so deep.
and through the ugliness, through the mess,
you still love me,
and i thank you, Lord, for loving me undeservedly.

whisper to me your guiding words, Lord.
root out all that will lead me away from you,
and instead, replace them with what will lead me to you.
let me not live in my selfish ways anymore,
but live in me everyday of my life.

Amen.

No comments: