Sunday, March 28, 2010

The snare of the fowler will never capture me,

I spent the entire day yesterday with my wing and though we didn't do anything special (what's new these days, really haha), I enjoyed every minute of it. Time spent with my wing is so short and such a rare commodity these days.. Makes every minute seem all the more precious and oh-so-fleeting. Guess this busy spell has taught me how to live in the now instead of my habit of living in the past or the future, with my head always filled with thoughts and plans. We had a scrumptious lunch at Sushi Tei, I read some Baudrillard & Lyotard while he napped, we went for Mass, had dinner with his family, watched the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory and one of Gossip Girl (I'm really lagging in my GG watching this season). Mundane things but it didn't matter to me - we could have spent the day peeling beansprouts or shelling peanuts together, and it would still have been just as well-spent.

I hardly see or talk to the boyf during the week now that we're both such busy-bees, but I'm really thankful I have a best friend who cares and still has time for me in spite of  her even more busy schedule, and helped keep me sane throughout last week when I was such a terrible stressed out insomniac. We did small things together that was so reminiscent of our younger days, like sharing a pizza and watching TV as though there were nothing better to do. Watched a week's worth of the silly 7pm Korean drama on Channel U and laughed so hard over Just for Laughs Asia. :P Walked outside for dinner on Friday and played Raving Rabbids on her Wii. All these times with Trina are precious too, and it's heartwarming to know that our friendship is still going so strong after all these long years. Things will definitely change when we get married and start our own families, but I think I will always need my best friend in my life by my side too - there're some things that nothing will ever replace.


Yes, indeedy, God has been faithful and has bore me up on eagle's wings.
He has blessed me abundantly with my wing, with Trina - people who bring me such love and help me through each day of this difficult month. It may get tough and lonely sometimes; sometimes, the world seems to want to take me down however I fight, and I may let it get to me every so often. But ultimately, when I go to bed each night, I know that I am loved and I manage to drag myself out of bed the next morning, no matter how I don't want to face the world for another day.



And He will raise you up on eagle's wings
Bear you on the breath of dawn
Make you shine like the sun
And hold you in the palm of His hand.





credits: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wolfsoul/2523939116/

4 comments:

Clement Chua said...

I enjoyed every moment with you too, wingie. Wuv u.

Trina Tay said...

You kept me sane this terrible week too Kel, really! I dunno what I could have done without you, thanks to you I could even laugh this wk. Don't worry, I'm sure even after we have our own families we will still have girl outings and even family outings!

Aww... You know I love you :) Stay strong for all of us *hugs*

Kelly said...

Bwing, I love you too.
And we forgot to load our 2nd ep of Gossip Girl!

Kelly said...

Trina, yeah you really pulled me through the last week.. We pulled each other through! We'll pull each other through this coming week too :)

Haha family outings! That'd be coolness man heh. Long way to go though. :P

You stay strong too, & you know you have my love, always! *hug*