Thursday, April 22, 2010

Let it be.

The days are really slipping through my fingers, like fine silt-like sand, and I have no idea where the week has gone. The week that seemed to yawn ahead of me on Monday has compressed and fast-forwarded itself to Thursday and I am awfully, dreadfully behind on my studying - especially where Advertising is concerned.

I must not let my high score during the mid-term let me get complacent and assume that I'll do just as well for the exam, cos that will not happen by itself. I fear I'm on my way to falling into that trap, and I'm trying hard to fight my way out of the insidious trap of placid complacency. I know I'm not the best, far from it, and I need to keep reminding myself of how lousy I really am in most aspects, if only to push myself all the harder. I do admit, I tend to be slightly harsh on myself, but that's probably the way I function. But this method has bred a deep sense of insecurity and (perhaps even) a certain kind of self-loathing, which I suspect are not very healthy side-effects.. So many things I wish I could be, you have no idea. I pick on what I lack, hardly ever being grateful for the little (or what I perceive as little, anyway) I have, bewildered at why you would even waste your time with a nobody like me.. And I know this isn't healthy, this belittling of myself. And I try to recognise my strengths, try to see myself from your eyes - but I can't.

Times like these, when the odds threaten to overwhelm me (many things depress me at the moment: top two of which include my veryvery broke state after having paid for my accommodation and air/rail tickets for Europe, and my pathetic state of studying for my exams), I have to tell myself to let it be.


credits: flickr.com


& when the broken-hearted people living in the world agree,
There will be an answer,
Let it be.
For though they may be parted, 
There's still a chance that they will see.
There will be an answer,
Let it be.



credits: flickr.com





4 comments:

Trina Tay said...

Nonsense Kel, u're not nobody to me, u're my best friend and I'm v proud of you :) let me know the accounts soon then I can reimburse u or something so we can share the broke feeling haha, and u can feel better haha. <3 u!

Kelly said...

thanks tri, <3 you toooooo
have done up the accounts, show you later! it's not that i paid a lot also la, after i checked our accts i realised that you don't owe me v much at all! :)

Clement Chua said...

Look into my eyes...
you will see, what you mean to me
search your heart, search your soul
And when you find me there you'll search no more...

you know it's true, everything i do
i do it for you

Kelly said...

i <3 you, will never understand why you <3 me too :(