Friday, April 02, 2010

Now to bed, before I start work again!

I've literally worked myself to the ground and find myself sick like a duck at the present moment. My voice has all but disappeared and a bad cough's been dogging me for the past week. Dragged myself to the polyclinic (fricking 1-and-half hour wait just to see a doctor who didn't tell me anything I didn't already know GRRRRRR) to get medicine and an MC after the all-nighter I pulled on Weds night to finish compiling my advertising report. (If my group mates massacred it in the short span of time between when I sent it to them and when they submitted it, you will not hear the end of it here I promise.)

Went for Good Friday service at 10am this morning and sat down in front of my lappie to get some work done before I take a nap. It feels good to have a bit of space to breathe this weekend - having done my 5 summaries for my PR issue tracking project to send to He Wei so she can write the background (I'm so hardworking I actually did an extra one to fulfill the "international news source" criterion - so I did 6 in total), and sent Dr Teh my very shoddily thought through Pynchon essay topic, all I have left this weekend are my presentation slides for PR and Governance presentations. I feel pretttttttty accomplished :)

Since there seems to be so much time this weekend for me (it feels a bit strange not to be rushing some piece of work out or the other), I might take the opportunity to cobble together something for the yoyography exercise I am due to present in class on Tuesday. Or, I might start writing my section for the PR issue tracking project. Or, do tonnes of reading so I can start on Utopias essay this week, since it's due next Monday. Or, read the remaining Utopias texts for the final exam next Monday, too. Or, finish up Gravity's Rainbow so I can write my Pynchon essay.

Okay seems like I still have a pretty long list of things to get done. :P
But the nice part is, none of any of that are due on Monday. :):):)

Big pat on the back for myself - now to get well so I can get started on all those other things waiting for me to get through before I can even start studying for the final exams.

No comments: