Tuesday, April 27, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance - and I really wish I could :)

I just watched the rerun of the finale of So You Think You Can Dance, and am totally in love with the final dance by Kathryn & Jakob. It made me all choked and touched, can you imagine! So beautiful, and I love Kathryn's movement.

Here's the vid of it, I'm not sure if you can view it from here but do watch it if you can!



It's amazing, I'm really not kidding. This, coming from a non-dancer! And the final tender moment when she runs over to hold his face after he thrashes on the ground, omg. Beautiful.






This was another of my favourite dances from the show, the Mr and Mrs Smith-like contemp piece by Ellenore & Legacy. I didn't like it so much the 1st time I saw it a couple of weeks back, but after seeing it again today, I have to agree with the judges that it's one of the most memorable performances of the season. It's so dangerous and sensual at the same time, it's really exciting to watch!


If I had more time and no Advertising paper to study for, I'd surely search through Youtube for more of my favourite dances from the show. Loved every week of it! Sometimes, I enjoy it more than American Idol, cos it seems like this season of AI isn't that fantastic anyway. The dances evoke a different kind of emotion from me, from somewhere deeper inside, and I like losing myself in the dance pieces week after week. :) Okay so maybe it's the novelty of it, cos I haven't really been following the series.. But I'll enjoy the novelty while it lasts then. :)

No comments: