Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Little pocket of old sunshine.

This week and next are gonna be hell for me (hmmmmm didn't I say that last week and the week before too?)
I'm really struggling with my utopias essay cos I keep fluctuating between topics - I think Patke must be annoyed with my fickle-mindedness. :( I know I am!!

I'm desperately thumbing through one of the few dystopia books I managed to get my hands on while I watch American Idol. Talk about being unfocused and ill-disciplined. Sigh. Ima try to finish my essay by Friday so I can study for the utopias test on Monday. I know right, essay and exam on the same day, wthhhhhhhhhhhh. OHWELL. No point whining about it, and I should "face it like a man", like what Simon Cowell just said to Tim on AI about his handling of the judges' criticism week after week.

I will only worry about my 4000 word Pynchon essay next week, after I'm done with the utopias one. One thing at a time, or I'll falter and fall and not be able to scramble back up onto my feet. Speaking of Pynchon. I'm so ashamed of my yoyography offering in class yesterday. I hastily made a story up on the spot with the list of words I had scribbled while on the train that day, and just told it. And, I think it was very boring. But my very kind classmates did not have the heart to pan my lousy children's story, so I'm thankful.

So, in a bid to try to keep the creeping sense of panic from overwhelming me and paralyzing me, I'm gonna post up pictures taken of a happier time, taken with the spanking new 550D. Well, actually it was just last Friday - when Clem and I watched Clash of the Titans in 3D at Shaw. Though, in all honesty, it was pretty disappointing, considering the reviews it received (3.5 stars out of 5 in Today and something similar in Life) - like a pretty lousy, cheesy storyline, inaccurate rendition of myth (no way does Io even come close to appearing in the Perseus myth cycle - the Io myth involves her turning into a cow because Zeus wants to keep her from Hera, or similar versions as these), and just not very impressive overall. But, I quite like Gemma Arterton as an actress, so it was good seeing her on-screen.

Okay enough rambling.
Massive picture onslaught of that day coming right up!




This is our beeYOOtiful car!

Um okay reality sucks :P



Bwing & Swing <3




The posters look better than the movie really was..


TOOTHLESS I LOVE YOU!!


Random shot of me on Ion elevator. I think we were hoping Zara would still be open at 10pm.
(Which it was not btw)


Clem was so dissatisfied with his Macs burger! See him roar!
(We don't eat at Macs unless we have absolutely no choice heh)


The 550D rocks major socks <3<3<3

We tried out Bread Society (in Ion) for the 1st time - my Double Cheese bread wasn't the best: it was very hard and tasteless.. Clem's Almond Cream was good! And I like the paperbag a lot haha. :)



Teehee a little narcissistic I know, but I loved my outfit that day :P
WIW: dress from BonitoChico, bag from Tianfenlan, shoes from U.R.S & inc.

No comments: